0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2011 7:06 PM by Supersheed

How do I manage my licenses with McAfee?

Your McAfee subscription is attached to you and not your machines. Your McAfee licenses are what are attached to your machines.

What does this mean?

This means that you can unassign (deactivate) a license from a machine that is no longer being used and use the same license on one that you think needs to be protected.

How can I manage my McAfee licenses?

You need to log on to My Account. You can access this by clicking on the My Account link at the top right hand corner of the page

Home page.jpg

You will be prompted to enter your email address and password. If you have problems logging in, please follow the instructions listed here

login.jpg

After you log in, you will be directed to your My Account page.

My Account.jpg

Where can I see information related to my licenses?

All of the user’s subscriptions displayed in the My Account page will have a summary of the usage activity associated with that subscription. The subscription summary will provide information about the total  number of licenses attached to the subscription, number of licenses in use and number of licenses still available.

Where can I see my subscription details?

You can do this by clicking on the Subscription link. This will launch the subscription details page for that given subscription.

How do I assign a license to a different machine?

If the subscription summary states that you have 1 or more licenses available then you can directly download, install and activate the product using the Download button.

If the subscription summary states that you have 0 licenses available then you need to go through the process of unassigning and reassigning licenses. This process will deactivate the McAfee product from one of the existing machines and use that freed up license to protect the new machine. This means that the deactivated machine will no longer be protected. If you want to continue to protect all your machines, you can always purchase additional licenses using the Add More link.

The subscription details page will list all machines – both active and inactive that are or were using licenses from this subscription.

In order to free up a license, you will have to first select the machine you want to deactivate and then under the Action section click on the Deactivate link.

Now from the machine which you want to start protecting, click on the Download link provided in the My Account page. Follow the prompts and this will download, install and activate the product on the new machine. Once activated, the new machine will show up in the subscription details page with a License Status of Active.

If the machine on which you want to activate the product is already part of the subscription details page, then just click on the Reactivate button under the Action section.

Deactivate.jpg

Hope this information was helpful in clarifying how you can manage your licenses with McAfee. As always, your feedback is appreciated.

Regards,

Supersheed