How to have test Upgrade from HIPS 7.0 to 8.0?
Hi & Happy New Year,
As many of you, I am planning to do a smooth upgrade from 7.0 to 8.0 without interpreting users or services. My plan is to deploy HIPS 8.0 to test group and keeping adding clients gradually. Below is a list of my concerns:
· What is the best practice for smooth upgrade? Step by step plan will be great
· Shall I import HIPS 8.0 package into epo 4.5? Does it make conflict or effect HIPS 7 or its policy?
· Shall I start with manual upgrade?
· In case of manual upgrade, Will existing HIPS 7.0 policy is applied?
"Because of architectural changes in this release, Host Intrusion Prevention 8.0 clients are
managed by the Host Intrusion Prevention 8.0 extension only. You can however maintain the
version 7.0 extension alongside the version 8.0 extension and manage previous client versions
until you are ready to migrate to version 8.0."
How to maintein two extension?
Can policies be copied from 7.0 to 8.0?
· What are the new features? How is it by default (enable\disable, ..ect)?
My plan is as follow:
1. Manual upgrade to see wither policy will be applied correctly?
2. Check in package into epo.
3. Keep the extension as it it.
4. Start deployment for test group.
· Epo 4.5
· HIPS 7.0 P8
· MA 4.5.1499
· Windows 7 & XP
· Symantec Backup EXEC 2010 DLO
· Office 2003, 2007,2010
Please comment if anything missed.
Thanks and sorry for bad English
on 1/4/11 12:35:13 PM GST
Message was edited by: nasser on 1/4/11 3:28:32 PM GST
on 1/8/11 5:30:25 PM GST