5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2011 8:14 AM by ESB

V5.2.6 HTTP service

I upgraded from V5.2.2 to V5.2.6. The Http service stops.  I'll restart and it will stop in a few minutes with an error in the event log

Faulting Application SbHttp.exe, version 5.2.6.11, faulting module SbHttp.exe, verion 5.2.6.11, fault address 0x00005df1

• 1. Re: V5.2.6 HTTP service

I just did the same upgrade:

I UNCHECKED the Apache HTTP server option at install time.

I CHECKED the (McAfee) HTTP server option at install time.

I restored the pre-upgrade copy of sbhttp.ini over the one written during the install.

I did not see the error you report.

• 2. Re: V5.2.6 HTTP service

Why do you use native HTTP service? Apache version is recommended.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: V5.2.6 HTTP service

As you are using latest version of EEPC configure Endpoint Encryption Apache Web-HelpDesk

• 4. Re: V5.2.6 HTTP service

Why use the existing service?

1. It works.

2. I know how to configure it (since it uses the same config from last version)

3. I don't know Apache/configuration

4. I'm hoping to move to EPO within the year.

• 5. Re: V5.2.6 HTTP service

I accidently checked correct on the last post.  That is why I continued to use Http, until this last update I haven't had problems.  I will look into appache.  Unfortunately my backup got over written. I updated my EEM on Sunday Morning, did a backup prior to this, and my regular backup ran at 6:30 that evening, thus I don't have my old .ini file.  The problem wasn't discovered until the Helpdesk came in Monday morning.  It worked when I tested but crashed at some point after testing.  I keep a month worth of the database but not all other files.