Each IP address has a potentially different reputation for each direction (inbound/outbound), protocol (TCP, UDP, ICMP) and port number it has been seen on. In your case, the IP address had a High Risk email reputation (inbound TCP port 25), which did get corrected but should not have triggered an alert since that IP is not involved in any email sending behavior. Can you post some details, if you still have them, for that alert so that we can track down what happened there?
Thanks for your reply. Since this issue occurred, I have disabled the TrustedSource. When I just enable it again, everything works now, and HIP doesn't block 184.108.40.206 any more. Therefore I can't provide any evidence now. Previously, when I visited any website, I can see in the log that HIP8.0 blocks 220.127.116.11 and then my OS use the alternative 18.104.22.168 to solve the domain names. When I ping 22.214.171.124, HIP allows it. But when I ping 126.96.36.199, HIP blocks it, and the log says TrustedSource - Get Ratings. In the command line window it says 'General Failure'. Given that things are working now, I wonder generally how long it will take for HIP to update its TrustedSource cache, and whether it is possible for users to update/clear the cache mannually.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Ok. I see what happened here. The cache was not the issue - typically an entry will not stay in the cache for long (I believe it's typically a few mins). The issue here was that when the email reputation of that IP was adjusted per your original requests, its DNS and ICMP reputations were not - that was fixed this morning. Sorry for the problem