3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2011 2:19 PM by Dinz

Lost anti-theft files?

My computer had issues, so I backed everything up and recovered the system.  I had to re-install all of my programs, including McAfee anti-theft, but for some reason, I can't seem to retreive my files that were in the vault. Any suggestions? Thanks!

• 1. Re: Lost anti-theft files?
          Dinz

Hi FedGirl,

Could you please let us know if you have issues with retreiving the files from the vault due to any error message (or) Is it that you are unable to open the vault since you do not remember the password ?

If its the second case, did you try resetting the password ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Comunity Moderator

• 2. Re: Lost anti-theft files?

I've had the same problem after I had to reinstall McAfee and I was told by Pravid that all of my documents are lost and unretrievable.  Is this true?  How do we get access to our saved files?  I can see my files now but when I attempt to open them, it states that the drive or network to access the document is unavailable, to make sure the network source is available and to try again.  I really need those documents for tax purposes - I would truly appreciate any help!

• 3. Re: Lost anti-theft files?
              Dinz

Hi rosie,

Could you please let us know if you had lost the password vault  during an upgrade of your McAfee security software. If you had passwords or other information stored in the Password Vault you can retrieve the data using the Password Retrieval Tool from http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100894