1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 4, 2011 5:17 PM by jstanley

    Agent Handler... not working ?

    SergeM

      Hi,

       

      I installed my first Agent Handler a few days ago and it seems that it's not working.

      Situation description :

      1. one active ePO server running v: 4.5 patch 2 AFAIR  (4.5.0.937)  running on Windows svr 2008 R2
      2. one dedicated MS SQL Server 2008 - running on Windows svr 2008 R2
      3. AH, running on Windows Server 2008

       

      When I check on the AH, the McAfee services are running.

      I checked the server.log and I see

      20101216031152    E    #2236    DAL         Source = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
      20101216031152    E    #2236    DAL         Description = [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

      So I guess it's having problems connecting to the DB.  I'm checking if it might be a network or firewall problem.

       

      1. Should I install an SQL client on the AH ?
      2. Assuming it's a credentials issue, where/how can I change the SQL Uid/password on the AH ?

       

      Thanks for your help

      Serge

       

       

      Message was edited by: Serge M. on 28/12/10 11:54:55 CET
        • 1. Re: Agent Handler... not working ?
          jstanley

          Assuming your agent handler can connect to the ePO DB using the same connection information as your ePO server you can resolve this by taking the db.properties file from your ePO server (which presumably has the correct information) and replacing it on the AH.

           

          The db.properties file on the ePO server can be found here: <ePO Install directory>\server\conf\orion\db.properties

           

          You can replace it on the AH here: <Agent Handler Install directory>\DB\db.properties

           

          That should work fine so-long as the agent handler can connect to the DB using the same information ePO uses. For example if DNS on the AH does not resolve the correct IP address for the SQL server then you would have to edit the db.properties file and supply an IP address in the "servername field" that the AH can use to route to the SQL server.