1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 29, 2010 6:18 AM by Dinz

Blue screen

thijsiie

Hello everyone

My computer got the blue screen of death. Me and my dad are thinking it's caused by McAfee.

When I open my computer in normal mode -> login It get blue screen. he says that it's the driver iaStor.sys or he says nothing only a code like 0x0000007e or 0x0000001D

but when I open my computer in the safe mode, open McAfee, I see he doesn't protect my computer. When I try to activate this, he activate and he stops.

I have tried to remove McAfee from my computer, but if I'm uninstalling McAfee, my computer gets blue screen.

I only can get into my computer with the safe mode and safe mode with commandprompt, but at the normal safe mode he crashs after a few minutes.  So i cant come on the internet, Only with other computers.

My computer is a Toshiba laptop with - Intel core i5 prosessor
                                                             - Windows 7

I bought him two months ago

I hope that I give enough information, I'll like it if somebody can tell me how to fix my computer

Sorry for my bad Englisch,

Thijs

• 1. Re: Blue screen
          Dinz

Hello Thijs,

In safe mode a  computer runs with minimal drivers and many programs including  McAfee  would be disabled. You would n't be able to turn them on either as its a diagnostic mode where all the drivers are not completely booted up. And moreover, in this case - driver iastor.sys is a system file and a blue screen becasue of this could be caused due to various reasons like when a NIC is under heavy load, when a TV tuner card is used, when a graphics display adapter is called to change resolution, and when a RAID setting is modified when a NIC is under heavy load, when a TV tuner card is used, when a graphics display adapter is called to change resolution, and when a RAID setting is modified etc.

You could try performing a system restore of the computer in safe mode and see what happens.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator