1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2011 10:32 AM by myx59

McAfee Security Center is gone

Hello,

I'm a newbie, and maybe I'm posting in the wrong place. Also forgive me my poor English. Now, what is my problem ? I had some malware on my laptop, and I got some help from a support site, using HiJackThis logs. I had to delete an item named delayed shred McAfee....That did not work, so I decided to try turning off all McAfee services. Still did not work. Vista gave me a notification that my Anti Virus wasn't working anymore, so I activated all services again, but now my security center is gone. I got McAfee Antivirus Plus, but no longer the Security Center, which I was used to. Is this normal ? I tried to find out what was wrong by using McAfee Virtual Technician, but that service lets me know they can't find any McAfee products on my laptop. But I have them installed. So, how do I get my old security center back ?

I'm using a Dell Vostro 1000, I run Windows Vista and my McAfee was downloaded, I have no disk, I got it through my employer, a Belgian Bank, KBC. So guys :HELP

PS : my latest session id from MVT was 29687569

• 1. Re: McAfee Security Center is gone
          Dinz

Hi oomlen,

Could you please let me know the following details;

How did you get McAfee programs installed ? From any weblink / cd ?

Click on Navigation >> Click on About and let me know the Affid (below security center)

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

• 2. Re: McAfee Security Center is gone

I had to send a mail to get McAfee, using my work Email adress, and they send me a link with a password, which I could use at home to get McAfee installed at home. My employer, one of Europe's main banks is offering us McAfee to use at home for free, coz we use it at work too. I am not using an English version of McAfee, but the Dutch one. When I click navigation I see no About, only Info, and when I click that one I get

the following :

McAfee Security Center

version: 10.5

Build: 10.5.221

Affld: 550-25

Language: Dutch

Last update: 23/12/2010

• 3. Re: McAfee Security Center is gone
              Dinz

Hi there,

If security center is the only content displayed under About section then probably McAfee is not properly installed in the machine or you forgot to scroll the bar down and get us some more information from that screen!

Please run McAfee virtual technician from here : http://mvt.mcafee.com and let it fix all found problems. Please post your session id from MVT so that we could review the results here.

Also, let us know if you are still receiving any pop ups from the so said malware that you had !!!!

Regards,

Dinesh K

• 4. Re: McAfee Security Center is gone

It is NOT the only item displayed, there is also

McAfee virus scan

version 14.5

build 14.5.130

last update 29/12/2010

DAT version 6210

DAT date 28/12/2010

McAfee Personal Firewall

version 11.5

build 11.5.141

last update 23/12/2010

McAfee Site Advisor

version 3.2

build 3.2.0.152

affld 0

language Dutch

last update 1/1/1970

McAfee Quickclean and shredder

version 10.5

build 10.5.111

last update 23/12/2010

And I already downloaded MVT from that location but it can't find any installed components. Can't check this computer it says. So, what is wrong with my McAfee ? And no I have no pop ups, I never had, even when I had malware, it just slowed down my computer.

• 5. Re: McAfee Security Center is gone

My latest session id from MVT is 29800142

And all i want is my old layout back. Before my security center looked like this :

McAfeeSecurityCenter1.jpg

and now that is gone. How do I get it back ???

• 6. Re: McAfee Security Center is gone
                    Dinz

If I understand you right you McAfee security center looked like the one you posted above and as of now it looks the one attached :

McAfee image.JPG

Could you please let me know if that was right ???

• 7. Re: McAfee Security Center is gone

It looks like the one you posted now, but in your picture it says security center in the heading, mine just says AntiVirus Plus.

• 8. Re: McAfee Security Center is gone
                        Dinz

Hi there,

McAfee Antivirus Plus is a bundled product that covers AntiVirus, Firewall, AntiSpyware, SiteAdvisor and QuickClean that provides the essential protection you need to surf the Web and download files safely. The reason for the new look is that McAfee has been upgraded from the older version to the curent one that you have installed in the machine. This new programs is been customized with lots of extra features including features that optimizes your system performance.

Do not worry that you do not security center installed, rather its the same program which has advanced features and a new look.

Regards,

Dinesh K

• 9. Re: McAfee Security Center is gone

Hello,

Thx for the information and your help. So I need not worry about the new lay out... But why does MVT keep saying they can't find any McAfee products installed on my laptop ? There obviously is Antivirus Plus installed.

1 2 Previous Next