3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2010 9:58 AM by Dinz

McAfee full virus scan crashes at 38%

Hi, i got my dell in January 2010 and for the past month when i have ran my full virus scan it crashes the whole computer when it reaches 38%. when this happens the only way to get the computer back on is to switch it off via the button. Does any one know how to stop this/why it is happening. i have had no problems so far and was thinking about getting another year off Mcafee when this runs out however I dont want to if the Virus scan will just crash my computer.

Thanks

• 1. Re: McAfee full virus scan crashes at 38%
          k3tg

Try running the McAfee Virtual Technician found at the top of this page under Useful Links. MVT will scan your computer for any McAfee related issues and if it finds any it will attempt to resolve them for you. You could also try to contact Technical Support Chat which can remotely connect into your computer provided you give them permission to do so to have a look inside to see if anything might be conflicting that might be causing the issue.

Are you sure your computer is up to date with Microsoft updates and have the latest service packs?

• 2. Re: McAfee full virus scan crashes at 38%

Hi, thanks for the reply however I have got that virtual tech and the problem is still going, i have also got any updates which are available I have no idea what the problem could be or how to deal with it. are there any computer shops that deal with these kind of case's? I also don't know why it can suddenly just start having a problem when I have not noticed any changes.

• 3. Re: McAfee full virus scan crashes at 38%
              Dinz

Hi there,

Please let us know some more information so as we could help you deal with this;

What is the operating system of the computer ?
              Do you have any other security scanners installed ?

Click on Navigation - Click on About and let us know the version of your virus scan and DAT version !
              While the scan stops at 38% , let us know the exact path / file name where it stops

How old is the computer .

Thread moved to Virus scan section

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator