4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2010 1:39 PM by hmbdtx

Need to verify description of VirusScan Enterprise download files.

hmbdtx

Can someone tell me if my definition of the use for the following McAfee downoad files is correct?

VSE870LML.zip - VirusScan Enterprise v8.7i - Use this file for a new install of v8.7i or to upgrade a previous version. This will not include patches 3 or 4.

VSE870LMLRP3.zip - VirusScan Enterprise v8.7i Repost Patch 3 - Use this file for a new install of v8.7i or to apply patch 3 to an existing version of v8.7i
      VSE870LMLRP4.Zip - VirusScan Enterprise v8.7i Repost Patch 4 - Use this file for a new install of v8.7i or to apply patch 4 to an existing version of v8.7i This will include patch 3.

VSE870P3.zip - VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i Patch 3 - Use this file to install Patch 3 to an existing v8.7i installation.
      VSE87iP4.Zip - VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i Patch 4 - Use this file to install Patch 4 to an existing v8.7i installation. This will include patch 3.

I guess what I am trying to figure out is what the meaning of 'Repost' is and how can I tell which files are to be used to just install the patch to an existing v8.7i and which files are used to install/upgrade v8.7i

Thank you,

Howard