1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 23, 2010 8:00 PM by bcaseiro

EPO 4.5 viruscan enterprise - removable media threats query

Hi,

I have been trying for several days now to create a custom query that will show me all the threats (virus alarms/trojans/worms) that originated from removable media (cd/dvd/usb/external hard drives) but i came with no solution yet. The old EPO 3.6 I was using was much more friendly with this kind of custom reports. Can anybody help me how to filter this type of threats?

I want to use this type of query to build a report with users that conect infected devices to their workstations.

• 1. Re: EPO 4.5 viruscan enterprise - removable media threats query

Hello Enescu,

So far as I know, there is no way to run a query to list exactly all of the detections from a removable media. However, you can run a query to list all of the detections based in drive letters. Mainly for workstations, usually they have only a system drive C:\ and anyhing else that is connected on them like a DVD or a Pen-Drive, it will have logic drivers like D:\ or E:\ or F:\, etc. So I created a query (attached) which will list all of the detections of the last 1 week which came from everything except "C:\". While it's not 100% what you want to, it may help you.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
          Bruno