1 2 Previous Next 11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2012 2:02 PM by blackinux

EMM - Unable to login

We used the enhanced security mode setup for our environment.  The installation was completed on both servers with 0 errors.  I'm able to authenticate through the hub with AD.  The proxy and hub can both hit our active sync server.  The ports specified have been opened.  Should be noted we currently do not have a MDM Certificate and will not purchase one until we see the production in action.

After completing the setup I tried to login using my iPad and recieved the error "Login Failed.  Press OK to return".  I've tested my iPad with another EMM server and was able to login successfully.  I'm fairly confident I'm hitting the proxy server because if I reboot it and try to login the app times out, unable to find a server.  Under "Authorized Users" in the EMM Console I've tried "Allow all users" and "Allow only authorized users" where my account was the only one entered.  I've also tried adding everyone in the company to authorized users, but I still recieve the error "Login Failed. Press OK to return".

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: EMM - Unable to login

You need to upgrade your apple MDM cert. Contact apple for the new Certificate

- My bad. wrong post.

Peet

Message was edited by: PoTski on 1/25/11 1:57:59 AM CST
          • 2. Re: EMM - Unable to login

I am experiencing the same issue, have you found a solution yet?

• 3. Re: EMM - Unable to login

Make sure that you are using the primary SMTP address and not an alias.  Also if your domain does not have an "A" record, the login will fail immediately.  You may have to use the latest EMM agent and then in the settings on the iPhone, set the EMM server to on.  that way it will prompt you for the name of the server and you can manually put in the address of your EMM Portal server.

• 4. Re: EMM - Unable to login
                mat.kordell

First off in enhanced security mode your proxy should not communicate with your EAS server.

Second I don't believe that you can use activesync authentication in enhanced security mode.  The installation guide only mentions using activesynch in simplified deployment.

• 5. Re: EMM - Unable to login
                  exbrit

Mat not much point in rehashing year-old threads.  

• 6. Re: EMM - Unable to login
                    mat.kordell

Just because the thread is old doesn't mean the question won't come up again.  Just trying to see more of these threads get closed with an answer since I'll be using this forum extensively to support emm for my companies customers.

• 7. Re: EMM - Unable to login

A had posted in the original thread and never followed back up, my issue was my windows domain had been upgraded from an old NT 4 domain years earlier, the domain netbios name was one thing and he active directory domain name was something else....i just had to change my domain in the EMM client login it to reflect the netbios domain name...crazy stuff, but the issue was not with the McAfee software

• 8. Re: EMM - Unable to login
                        mat.kordell

Cool thanks for posting the answer.  I ran into something similar before.

So we're you able to do EAS authentication in enhanced security deployment then?  Like I say, the install guide doesn't mention it but it's an interesting option.

• 9. Re: EMM - Unable to login
                          exbrit

mat.kordell wrote:

Just because the thread is old doesn't mean the question won't come up again.  Just trying to see more of these threads get closed with an answer since I'll be using this forum extensively to support emm for my companies customers.

Ah OK, understood.

1 2 Previous Next