Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
2872 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2011 11:18 PM by rick11 RSS
abakali Apprentice 53 posts since
Jan 21, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 20, 2010 8:08 AM

windows 7 turn off Virus Protection

We are running ePO 4.5 with 4.0.xx Agent version & VSE 8.7i Patch 3. Today we encountered that many windows 7 machines stopping VSE. Anyone faced this issue before ?

Attached snap

Attachments:
  • sameer172006 Champion 410 posts since
    Nov 4, 2009
    1. Dec 20, 2010 2:15 PM (in response to abakali)
    Re: windows 7 turn off Virus Protection

Hi Abakali,

Have you tried opening the McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise console and verifying if all is fine or not ?

It may also happen the Windows Secuirty Centre is not able too properly monitor the AV status on the concerned machines and thus it displayes that error message. Please check if the VSE console hows that all components are running or not.

Also, you can open up the task manager and seee if all the McAfeee processes are running.

Please revert for any more information/clarification.

Thank you

Sameeer

• rick11 Newcomer 3 posts since
    Jan 10, 2011
    2. Jan 10, 2011 11:18 PM (in response to sameer172006)
    Re: windows 7 turn off Virus Protection

Hi All,

Frm yesterday night i m unable to turn on virus protection to my sys.In windows security centre i clicked in check box to turn on my virus protection though it is showing to turn it on again.even i m unable to scan my sys thru my mcafee antivirus plus which i m using...PFA screen shot

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points