3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2010 1:25 PM by Firewall-Joe

DLP 9 Patch 1 - Windows 7 64-bit lock-up issue

JoeyMc

We recently upgraded to Host Data Loss Prevention 9 Patch 1 (Agent: 9.1.0.522).

I am experiencing a lock up issue on Windows 7 64-bit computers only. The issue is happening on all of my Windows 7 64 computers.

Windows XP 32-bit works fine. I do not have any Vista or XP 64 users.

On Windows 7 when browsing network shares or copying files from network locations and also browing the internet the application, either Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer freezes for about 5 seconds, then starts working. The file copies from network shares take an unreasonable amount of time. For example a 1MB file can take 3 minutes to copy, where my XP clients can copy in a few seconds.

When this freeze up is happening no processes are spiking. After the freeze up delay fcag.exe shows some activity like normal and then the computer starts working again. It seems like there is a delayed response by fcag.exe to start processing.

The computers are also running VSE 8.7 patch 4 and are managed through ePO 4.5 Patch 3. Other than that they are pretty standard and are all up to date on windows patches. I have tried rebooting / reinstalling DLP, new user profiles. I do not think it is a DLP policy issue as the Windows XP computers work fine.

Has anyone else had success deploying DLP 9 Patch 1 to Windows 7 64 bit computers?

Has anyone seen this issue that can share some troubleshooting steps I can take?

Thank you,

Joey