1 2 3 Previous Next 29 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2013 9:37 AM by olahmann Go to original post
      • 20. Re: Block Page - Email Link - add URL and other good info
        jebeling

Either the parameter isn't being passed, or your original block is happening before authentication. Are you sure realm is making it into the request that generates the email? Trace the parameter through the block pages. If you view source the first block page, you should see the realm line hidden in the form. The request page (the one where you enter comments) should also still have the realm parameter with a value (again view source).

• 21. Re: Block Page - Email Link - add URL and other good info

The original link on the block page needs to encode the Realm to pass to the SiteReview page, like this:

Capture.jpg

Then the SiteReview page need to decode it, and re-encode it for final submission:

Capture2.jpg

THEN the rules will take it and put it in the email:

Capture3.jpg

• 22. Re: Block Page - Email Link - add URL and other good info
            jebeling

One small clarification, actually the site review page only decodes for presentation on that page, it doesn't reencode, it just passes the already encoded parameter it received from the original block page. ;-)

• 23. Re: Block Page - Email Link - add URL and other good info

I followed the directions but I am still unable to get your solution to work.  I get the initial screen in which it displays the form.  If I click on the submit button, I get nothing, I am dead in the water.  NO error message, no nothing.  I am using webgateway version 7.2.0.1.0. 

• 24. Re: Block Page - Email Link - add URL and other good info
                jebeling

Clicking on submit should initiate the message send and result in a different block page that acknowledges the submittal. There are several things you can do depending on your curiosity level and timeframe to get resolution..

1) Verify all configurations. Reread the instrutions on the first page of this thread, and make sure you've followed every step. You need to do some configuration beyond just installing the ruleset and modifying the associated block pages. Things like configuring the address of your mail server, the sending email address, etc. You also need to make sure that your mail server will accept mail sent via port 25 from the MWG and that your firewall rules (if there is a firewall between the MWG and the mail server) allow port 25 tcp from MWG to the mail server.

2) Use available troubleshooting tools. You can do a view source on the submittal page to make sure that the proper code is populated. You can look at the logs on MWG, run a tcp dump (check and see if MWG is even attempting to connect to mail server on port 25), or do a rule trace to make sure you are hitting the appropriate rules and see what parameters are being passed and evaluated.

3) You can call support. Site review is now part of the McAfee supplied rule library. Support should be familiar with it and able to assist.

Message was edited by: jebeling on 10/23/12 11:09:18 AM CDT
                • 25. Re: Block Page - Email Link - add URL and other good info

I took my time, followed all the direction, had my co-worker check as well and confirmed I followed the instructions to the letter.  I was unable to get the downloaded files to work.  However, I created my own email submission example by utilizing the coaching pages and I can get the Mcafee webgateway to send an email.  My only problem now is I am unable to grab the contents of from the form and include it on my email.  If you can help me do that, I will gladly put you on my christmas list!

• 26. Re: Block Page - Email Link - add URL and other good info
                    jebeling

So two things.

1) There must still be something wrong with your configuration. The configuration is complex and it is very easy to make one little mistake or omission that can badly break things. Perhaps there is a flaw in the instructions. Make sure that the submittal page has the proper source and that clicking submit triggers the appropriate web gateway rule to send the email. I'm guessing your submit page is not working properly. It will be difficult to troubleshoot this via these posts. If you want to post the source of your submittal page that also might help. Please call support. They should be able to help you identify where the problem is.

2) When you edit the pages you are editing html and javascript. When you enter data in a form, it is being entered locally on the client until that form is actually submitted. The submittal of the form generates a parameterized GET that then needs to be processed by the web gateway as a NEW request. The new request is processed by the web gateway rules and you can take the parameter data (form data) and use it in the generation of the email.

Look carefully at the rule set. A site review request actually consists of 3 separate requests that are processed individually by the web gateway

1) The original request (gateway responds with original block)

2) The request to submit feedback (generated by clicking the hyperlink) which passes data from the original request in the parameters (gateway responds with form prepopulated with data from the original request )

3) The submittal request which includes comments and original data from form submittal (gateway responds with acknowledgement and sends email with data taken from this last request)

Also note the last part of Erik's post above. The event that sets the user-defined parameter string is where you are composing the contents of the email. This is triggered when the ruleset matches on the 3rd request from the client. If you are still getting nothing, either the third request is not being generated properly (submittal form problem) or the third request is not being processed properly (ruleset problem).

Message was edited by: jebeling on 10/30/12 7:27:27 AM CDT

Message was edited by: jebeling on 10/30/12 7:39:05 AM CDT
                    • 27. Re: Block Page - Email Link - add URL and other good info
                      olahmann

Hi everybody,

I find the Site Review Request very useful. Thank you very much for that!

After using it for some time I need now a little tuning for the template.

We want to use different recipients for the generated mail request - depending on the group membership of the user.

My idea was to add an additional parameter "group" on the Template "URLBlocked(withSiteReview)" and ask for it when going thru the ruleset.

Unfortunately I am not able to do so. All these objects  (com.scur.engine...)and variables make me nuts.

Any ideas to sort this out? An object reference of webwasher would be nice too 

Greets,

Olav

• 28. Re: Block Page - Email Link - add URL and other good info

you shouldn't have to make any changes tot he pages themselves. you can take the username that is submitted, lookup the groups they belong to via LDAP, and decide what recipient to send the mail to within the rules.

Insert some rule like this before the Email.Send rule:

EnabledRuleActionEvents
                        EnabledGet User Name and Lookup Groups
                        1: URL.HasParameter("UserName") equals true
                        2: AND String.Base64Decode(URL.GetParameter("UserName")) does not equal ""
                        ContinueSet Authentication.RawUserName = String.Base64Decode(URL.GetParameter("UserName"))
                        EnabledGroup1 Recipient
                        1: User-Defined.SiteReviewRecipient equals ""
                        2: AND Authentication.GetUserGroups<LDAP Group Lookup> contains "Group1"
                        ContinueSet User-Defined.SiteReviewRecipient = "Helpdesk4Group1Users@mycompany.com"
                        EnabledGroup2 Recipient
                        2: AND Authentication.GetUserGroups<LDAP Group Lookup> contains "Group2"
                        ContinueSet User-Defined.SiteReviewRecipient = "Helpdesk4Group2Users@mycompany.com"
                        EnabledAll Users Recipient
                        2: AND Authentication.GetUserGroups<LDAP Group Lookup> contains "All Users"
                        ContinueSet User-Defined.SiteReviewRecipient = "Helpdesk4AllUsers@mycompany.com"
                        Enabled

Site Review Request Email Notification
                        1: URL.HasParameter("request") equals true
                        2: AND URL.GetParameter("request") equals "send"

ContinueSet User-Defined.SiteReviewRecipient = String.ReplaceIfEquals(User-Defined.SiteReviewRecipient,"","DefaultRecipient@mycompany.com")
                        Email.Send(User-Defined.SiteReviewRecipient,String.Concat("Site Review Request: ",System.HostName),User-Defined.notificationMessage)<Site Review Requests Email>
                        • 29. Re: Block Page - Email Link - add URL and other good info
                          olahmann

Hi Eric,

thanks for your fast reply!

I've implemented the function as you mentioned. Sometimes I think much to complicated when the solution is so simple.

As we use NTLM for authentication I have changed some lines of code, but the way is the same. Now it works great.

Again, thx a lot!

Regards, Olav

1 2 3 Previous Next