3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2011 5:18 AM by MikeyLikesIt522

VirusScan 8.7i patch 3 VirusScan Console grayed out options

So In the past I was always a Symantec admin, I am new to the whole McAfee Virus Scan product, but not new to the ePO.

I know that password options should be able to control what options a standard user can have access to however no password is set on Servers or Workstations in my ePO policies, and all my options for VirusScan on Workstations are grayed out but they are all there when I log into a server.  Any Idea's??

I really need to make sure Access Protection is NEVER disabled on my servers unless it is one of the Network Security Techs doing the work.

Attached is what my workstation VirusScan looks like and ultimately what I want my Server Display to look like (On My Server, the Red stop button is available not grayed out)

• 1. Re: VirusScan 8.7i patch 3 VirusScan Console grayed out options

So I just noticed, when I right click and run-as and use my domain admin credentials, my workstation also allows me to disable access protection/on access scans....

Consequently this domain admin account is also what I was logging onto the server with as well....

Applying Passwords still does not work at all, when password option is applied in ePO I still never get the option to lock/unlock user interface from the virus scan console... I am having numerous issues of Sys Admins disabling access protection and hosing up mcafee services/registry settings and I really need to put a stop to this.

For each of the tabs for any component of Virus Scan, pretty much all of the options are greyed out in standard user login as well, I have no idea where this setting is being applied from...

on 12/17/10 9:27:16 AM CST
          • 2. Re: VirusScan 8.7i patch 3 VirusScan Console grayed out options

If your policies are set at the root of the tree, then select Assigned Policies,

Select VirusScan Enterprise 8.7.X from the Product download menu

edit the User Interface Policies

Select the settings for either Servers or Workstations, and select PASSWORD as shown in the attachment

• 3. Re: VirusScan 8.7i patch 3 VirusScan Console grayed out options

It's odd that I did this before, set the password, woke up the agent, and it did not make a difference, now when I JUST did it it works and I cannot disable access protection without the password... Thanks for the help, I guess it just needed to be re-done... I did create a new rule as a test so perhaps thats what made the difference.