2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2011 10:24 AM by mbherbener

8.7i Patch 4 fixed the Hyper-V CSV issues?

Hi,

I believe Patch 4 for 8.7i was supposed to fix some problems with Windows Hyper-V Cluster Shared Volumes (CSVs).  Has anyone been able to verify that the fix is effective?  Anyone running 8.7i Patch 4 on Hyper-V hosts?

thanks!

Martin

• 1. Re: 8.7i Patch 4 fixed the Hyper-V CSV issues?

Hello Martin

Was this issue solved?

Because we’re experiencing also issues with McAfee Enterprise 8.7 on a 4-node Hyper-V cluster. Sometimes CSV is not accessible and System log returns error containing ERROR_TIMEOUT(1460). Disabling McAfee did not help, only uninstall fixed the problem (CSV accessible from all 4 nodes). Testing now with latest version...8.7 with patch 4, but it doesn't look good (simple browse to folder under c:\clusterstorage does not work)

Best regards

Yvan

• 2. Re: 8.7i Patch 4 fixed the Hyper-V CSV issues?

Yvan,

Patch 4 does seem to have solved our problem; the most definite symptom we had was an event 5120 ( STATUS_CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED) in the windows system event log.  Our problem was specifically with iSCSI storage.  We did also sometimes see the 1460 in conjunction with the 5120.  We received a suggestion from MS at the time to consider installing this  MS fix

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;979711

BUT that's probably only relevant with iSCSI storage.

Good luck

Martin