1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 14, 2010 7:41 PM by Aldrin

Why is it that I can't re-install?

OK so it worked fine until I moved. Then I started getting an error message during scans that it could not connect to the internet. (I would be ON the internet!) and something about banners, I don't recall exactly.  So I researched and was led to uninstall did the whole thing dl'd the thing from this site that I was supposed to.  STILL can not install the product. Have tried numerous times to go through tech support and have had no luck.  Trying really hard to control my anger right now.  I have Vista, have made sure defender is OFF and still get the same crap. Well AFTER the original message would come up I switched to Google Chrome as my browser. I have gone back into IE and tried also.

Internet Explorer cannot download antipiracycheck.aspx from home.mcafee.com.

Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either

unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.

I would highly recommend that someone from McAfee help me with this problem as I am about to scream from the rooftops about how much this company sucks!

• 1. Re: Why is it that I can't re-install?

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, please try/let us know the following:

1.    Google chrome will have compatibility issues so have Internet explorer as your default browser and what is the version of Internet Explorer you have in your computer?

2.    What type of Internet connection you are using (Wireless, Satellite, DSL etc…)

3.    Also open Internet Explorer> Click on Tools> Internet Options> Advanced> Click on Reset> Click ok – Retry the installation