5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2010 6:34 AM by alexmar

Error 1920 - during Virusscan Enteprise 8.7i patch4 installation

bostjanc

Greetings!

Hear me out.

A user had a problem with virus scan (see the strange attachment below, please don’t laugh, this is what randomly appears on user’s computer windows tray).

Ok, we decided to solve this problem by uninstalling the MacAfee agent 4.5 and virus scan 8.7 on the computer.

I did uninstall MacAfee agent by running command prompt on client computer:

* c:\program files\mcaffee\common files\frminst.exe /remove=agent

* c:\program files\mcaffee\common files\frminst.exe /forceuninstall

I have uninstalled Virusscan Enterprise in add remove programs.

I have opened regedit:

HKLM/SOFTWARE and deleted mcafee map and network associates

I have deleted map in explorer C:\program files\mcafee and c:\program files\common files\mcafee

* rebooted the pc

Ok, installed agent again .... with no problem

Tried installing virusscan by chosing typical installation at the middle of the installation (when starting service), 1920 error appears.

I have googled a lot of pages and noone did came with good results.

-I have followed instructions that I mus re-run the installation and after the message appears, I must open registry in HKLM\system\currentControlSet\services and change path for keys: mfeapfk, mfeavfk, mfebopk by entering full path to c:\windows\.... and cancel the error message of virusscan installation and try to reinstall program again, but the same error message appears.

-also google found me solution that I must use vse 8.7 latest patch installation but i am already doing that.

So, please where did i go wrong or in other words, how can I solve this problem?

with best regards,