2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2010 10:16 AM by rmetzger

8.7i Patch 3 Full Scan Properties

Hello,

I am using 8.7i Enterprise on an ABB 800xA System. Currently we have 12 nodes on the network. Is there a way to copy the properties of a configured full scan & use it for the other nodes? There are quite a few exclusions etc. so it would be nice to only have to configure one system and copy to the rest.

Thanks

• 1. Re: 8.7i Patch 3 Full Scan Properties

Are you using ePO to manage your systems? If so you can apply one task to all your systems to do the virus scan at the same time every day, configure the task one time, apply it to all your systems with the same exclusions and settings ie.  performance, scan items, actions (delete, clean) etc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: 8.7i Patch 3 Full Scan Properties
            rmetzger

TJT wrote:

Hello,

I am using 8.7i Enterprise on an ABB 800xA System. Currently we have 12 nodes on the network. Is there a way to copy the properties of a configured full scan & use it for the other nodes? There are quite a few exclusions etc. so it would be nice to only have to configure one system and copy to the rest.

Thanks

Well, I'm not sure what an ABB 800xA system is, but with only 12 nodes, I am expecting that this network is relatively small and ePO on a server may be a bit much.

So, another possibility might be to use McAfee Installation Designer (MID) on your Master PC and create a master image of VSE. The 'configuration' with all it's exclusions, can be copied to the other 11 systems by copying just the file created by MID to "%SystemDrive%\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\MID" (usually called VSECFG*.CAB)

Or, you could create a full installable version with all 'exclusions' preconfigured and re-install VSE to the other 11 systems.

Either way, you will not have to rebuild each machine separately.

Hope this helps.

Ron Metzger