2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2010 12:09 PM by pschuyler

Autodomain running at every login

A few weeks ago, I upgraded our EEPC and EEM server to v5.2.5 from v5.1.8, which went just fine. When I went to create a new install package, I went ahead and downloaded the latest (v5.54 I think) of Autodomain. I stepped through the Autodomain Manual for the integration with the EEM, but it caused a number of issues so I fell back to Autodomain v5.25. However, since that time I have noticed that whenever I RDP to the server I get a series of pop-up's from the Autodomain script (see attached). I don't have the EEM server encrypted, so I am puzzled as to why this is happening. What's more, I just found out that some users out in the field are experiencing the same thing.

Any suggestions on why this would be happening, and how to get rid of it are appreciated.

Pete S.

• 1. Re: Autodomain running at every login

you must have installed AD on the server?

run cscript autodomain.vbs -uninstall and it should take it off for you.

• 2. Re: Autodomain running at every login

Simon,

Appreciate your response. I don't recall performing an install of the product, but went ahead and ran the Uninstall command you listed. It seemed to take (no errors), but after a quick reboot the windows are still showing-up. I did a search of the registry for the term "autodomain" and found an instance in the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Killed that entry, and the logged back-in and there program doesn't appear anymore.
            No idea how it got there, but it's gone now.

Thanks for your help,

Pete