Please let us know the following:
1. What is the Operating System that you are using?
2. What type of Internet connection is that? (DSL, Wireless, Fiber Optic, Satellite.. etc..)
3. Please provide us more information about the Router (Model Number & Manufacturer details)
4. What is the version of McAfee that you are using in the computers?
1. Operating System - Windows XP
Computer I have is slighlty old Its a Dell Inspiron 9400
3. Linksys - WAG2006 Annex-A
4. Not sure what the verison of McAfee it is but the the title is McAfee Security Centre, possibly 2010 as she just got it recently.,
The reason for number 4 is we found out who's computer keeps broadcasting a signal as a friend of mine had
a program that could check the traffic on the router, and every 5-10 seconds her Mcaffee secuirty centre would scan
all other computers on the network, and the router will not let us on and we couldn't even connect to google.com.
If you are able to access the McAfee security center from your friends machine, just click on Navigation - then click on About .
From there you would be able to get the version details of McAfee firewall.
Moreover , we might need to alter some settings in security center, to find out if its actually blocking the network connection to all the other computers.
Keep us posted if you would be able to navigate through security center.
McAfee Online Community Moderator