1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 12, 2010 6:51 PM by Peter M

How do I turn off Real Time Scanning?

Okay, here's my problem. My subscription just expired two days ago and I'm trying to run a program but Real Time scanning is preventing that. Normally, I know how to turn it off, but because my subscription is expired, I can't access any options. I'm trying to run Adobe Premiere Elements 9 and it usually works when I turn real time scanning off. Is there any way I can fix this problem so I can run my program. I really have something I need to finish.

• 1. Re: How do I turn off Real Time Scanning?
          Peter M

TJ018 wrote:

Okay, here's my problem. My subscription just expired two days ago and I'm trying to run a program but Real Time scanning is preventing that. Normally, I know how to turn it off, but because my subscription is expired, I can't access any options. I'm trying to run Adobe Premiere Elements 9 and it usually works when I turn real time scanning off. Is there any way I can fix this problem so I can run my program. I really have something I need to finish.

Uninstall McAfee until such time as your subscription is renewed.  Use the normal method via Control Panel and then use the MCPR removal tool linked under Useful Links above.

If you aren't renewing then install one of the free antivirus and firewalls abailable online.