5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2010 8:53 AM by jkussow

Modify Existing Agent Handler Config

jkussow

Is there any way to modify the SQL config on an existing Agent Handler? Or is the answer to just run setup.exe again and use that wizard?  We need to modify the SQL db credentials.  It doesn't appear the AH has anything like an ePO server has for this (.../core/config-auth).

• 1. Re: Modify Existing Agent Handler Config

The physical SQL info should be stored in Server\conf\orion\db.properties. As a guess, I would have a look at that file on the EPO server and copy accross...

(BTW, haven't tried this, nor do I know that it will actually work).

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Modify Existing Agent Handler Config
            hem

You can change the user name in db.properties file as it will be in plain text but you can't change the password  because it will be in the encrypted form so the best will be to run AH setup again.

Thanks

hem

• 3. Re: Modify Existing Agent Handler Config

Hem wrote:

You can change the user name in db.properties file as it will be in plain text but you can't change the password  because it will be in the encrypted form so the best will be to run AH setup again.

Thanks

hem

But surely the encrypted password is the same on EPO as it is on the agent handler... Hence my suggestion. You wouldn't have an Agent Handler without an EPO server, so the password change would have to be done on both.

• 4. Re: Modify Existing Agent Handler Config
                hem

If you are using same account in ePO /core/config and for AH then you can replace the password string from ePO db.properties but what if he is using different accounts for ePO /core/config and for AH.

For example, if ePO using NT account and using SQL account in AH.

Thanks

Hem

Message was edited by: Hem Bihari on 10/12/10 5:03:41 PM IST
                1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Modify Existing Agent Handler Config
                  jkussow

Thanks to both of you for your answer.  As Hem mentioned we do indeed use a different account to connect to SQL from our AHs than we do from ePO so I wasn't able to test mjmurra's idea.  Seems like that would be sound though.  I re-ran setup and all went fine.  Thanks for your assistance!