5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2010 1:05 PM by Dinz

UPDATE PROBLEMS

I have BT netprotect Plus run on Windows 7.  The McAfee pop up came up and said had to reboot to finish updates.  I have rebooted several times now but each time I right click on icon in tray to open programme, it says I have to reboot to finish installation of updates. any suggestions bearing in mind not technical in the least!!!

• 1. Re: UPDATE PROBLEMS
          Peacekeeper

I would contact BT support in the 1st instance.

My suggestion is to uninstall (they should have a tool to do that as our tool here might not work for your version). Then reinstall as sometomes things get corrupted in an install and a clean reinstall helps. My thoughts

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 10/12/10 5:45:28 AM
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: UPDATE PROBLEMS
            Dinz

Hi there,

During the update process, a registry key might remain after the update cycle is complete. In this situation, the update service may continue to request a system restart.

If you are still prompted to reboot the computer after you did, perform the steps below.

IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
            http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256986/EN-US/.

XP / Vista :

1. Click the link below to download TS100430.bat.
              http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/TS100430.bat to your Desktop.
            2. Save the file to your desktop.
            3. Double-click TS100430.bat. For Windows Vista, right-click TS100430.bat and select Run As Administrator.

IMPORTANT: This batch file contains commands which will modify your Windows registry. Before running any batch file, ensure that you trust the source of the file and know its intended purpose.

4. Restart your computer.

You should be Ok

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

• 3. Re: UPDATE PROBLEMS

Many thanks for that, after several attempts on BT Tech supports part, they have managed to remove and reinstall it for me.  Just loathe to contact them as always end up being on phone for hours!!

• 4. Re: UPDATE PROBLEMS

Thanks for replying, too technical for me!  BT Tech support have sorted out the problem, so fingers crossed

• 5. Re: UPDATE PROBLEMS
                  Dinz

Glad that you are Ok now, please get back to us if you have any other issues.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator