0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2010 9:33 AM by Michael.N

How to retrieve the effective settings (RSOP-like) of VSE or MA ?

Hi all !

I'd like to generate a one-shot inventory of all settings (NOT policies) that apply to VSE, on each of our machines.

For instance, when you open VSE's console, and view the "On-Access Scanner" properties, what you get is the set of parameters which result from all the inherited policies.

For example, if a machine herits from

• an "On-Access High-Risk Processes Policy" containing exclusions
      • an "On-Access Low-Risk Processes Policy" containing exclusions
      • an "On-Access Default Process Policy" which says that only one rule applies for all processes (thus without high-risk / low-risk aspect)

all you will see in the console is the "All Processes" settings and exclusions.

That's exactly what I'd like to get : only settings which are finally applied, like a RSOP of the policies received from the ePO.

I know you can click on a machine from the System Tree of ePO, to get some of these settings, but :

• not all information is displayed (for instance, you won't see the path/file names which are excluded from scanning)
      • there is no way to export the displayed data
      • even if there was an export button, I don't want to click 10.000 times to export the details of all the systems

I guess the possible ways are

• trying to retrieve the files containing policies, from each machine, via a simple scripted file copy. But will these files really contain only "RSOP" settings ?
      • using a SQL script to compute these "RSOP's" from ePO's database. This sounds much more complicated, but I assume that this is what's happening when I open System Tree > click one system > click "More" hyperlink in the "VirusScan Enterprise" section.

Has someone tried to generate such an inventory, and could give me some hints ?

on 13/12/10 16:33:33 CET