5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2010 11:24 AM by Yaling

MuptiProcess question

Yaling

I have enabled the Multiprocess function via MPClusterSetup.sh command. Under Dashboard | Memory Utilization, I can see two instances.

But I cannot see the notes folder under /opt/webwasher-csm, and how to define number of process I want launch?

I have tried Define ICAP process under Proxy | HTTP Proxy |ICAP Service | ICAP Service Definition, but it shows me  Peer 'icap://192.168.3.6:1344/wwreqmod' of service 'icap2' is down.

expect help.

• 1. Re: MuptiProcess question

The number of ICAP processes is determined automatically by the amount of memory in the appliance. I would not adjust it beyond what is normally detected.

However, when you configure MP mode, you are no longer able to use Webwasher as an external ICAP server. The ICAP processes are no longer addressable from another appliance once MP mode is enabled. It can only be used by the internal proxy afterwards.

• 2. Re: MuptiProcess question
            Yaling

Yes. I am use explict Proxy mode.

But according this article https://community.mcafee.com/message/156948#156948 there should be multiple notes under  /opt/webwasher-csm,

However in my case, NO such folder.

Another question,

I have tried Define ICAP process under Proxy | HTTP Proxy |ICAP Service | ICAP Service Definition, but it shows me  Peer 'icap://192.168.3.6:1344/wwreqmod' of service 'icap2' is down.

in the mcafee_web_gateway_6.8.5_system_configuration_administration_guide.pdf I could't find any useful information.

thanks

• 3. Re: MuptiProcess question

How much memory is in the aapliance? MP mode should only be used for 4Gig of RAM or more.

You will not be able to define ICAP service definition anymore to an appliance that has MP mode. When MP mode is on, it no longer listens on port 1344. Any attempt to access port port 1344 will be unreachable.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: MuptiProcess question
                Yaling

right now I am runing it in my test virtual machine, it only have 2 G mem. If that's the case.

Thanks a lot, Erik.

Message was edited by: yaling lu on 12/5/10 11:24:14 AM CST
                • 5. Re: MuptiProcess question

That may be it. Try adding more.

You may also have to reboot and send a couple of requests to the proxy before the /icap-N folders are written.