3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2010 8:32 AM by Joe-Davies

Blue Screen Of Death!

Just wondering if anybody could give any advice on the situation I'm having with my PC. I have no idea why or how, but in the last 4 days it has pretty much died, if you try go on it in Normal Mode it brings up the Windows Blue Screen Of Death within 5 minutes every time. However, it works perfectly when on 'Safe Mode with Networking' which is how I'm writing this. Restoring does not work.

Any idea what this could be? When it does Blue Screen it brings up either a phrase saying ""IRQ not less than or equal" or "system service exception". We have McAfee Anti Virus Software and there would appear to be an issue occurring with other PC's although I have no idea if this is the route of my problems! My brother has tried uninstalling McAfee but for some reason this isn't possible!?

Another possibility is that I have a virus, something that makes me think this, is that when on the internet sometimes a random tab will randomly come up with a very odd URL, but leads nowhere?

Sadly I am 100% amateur when it comes to this kinda thing so have no idea where to start!

A bit more information, my PC is a Dell Inspiron 546 running Windows 7  Home Premium with a 64-bit Operating System - AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 810  Processor 2.60GHz - 3GB Ram.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit to consolidate posts on 04/12/10 7:40:07 CST PM