1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 6, 2010 4:12 AM by JoeBidgood

reinstalling epo 4.5

risingflight

Hello everyone,

Currenly i am using mcafee epo 4.5 and my server os is windows 2003 and i having agents installed on around 1000 client pcs and my network is not connected to internet so i download the dat and update the epo, i have some exceptions in policies, some weekly scheduled reports and other scheduled tasks. i have plan to upgarde from windows 2003 to windows server 2008 so instead of upgrading the server if i format the server and reinstall the epo 4.5 using artice(ePO 4.5 server backup and disaster recovery procedure)(https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66616)

So using the above article can i restore all my previous configuration my policies, exception, reports and i want my epo just as the same before as it was . is this possible.Please guide me

• 1. Re: reinstalling epo 4.5
          JoeBidgood

That should be fine - almost all of ePO's configuration (policies, tasks, queries and so on) are held in the database, so as long as you have that you should be OK. Just make sure you read that article very thoroughly before starting the process and make sure you know exactly what to do

HTH -

Joe