3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2010 9:04 AM by jebpark

Can anyone tell me how to suppress the autoupdate

We are starting to roll outthe  Agent, VSE and ASE  to all of our computers.  The setupvse automatically updates the engine and .dat files during the install.  Because we have a lot of sites with very low bandwidth this is causing an issue.  The new sp4 command line switches are not working and the sp2 that mcafee gave us freezes the computers.  Any thoughts on how to suppress the update or roll in the .dat files to the install without using the custom install package??

• 1. Re: Can anyone tell me how to suppress the autoupdate
          jmcleish

Since the patch 3 repost (and presumably patch 4 repost) contained a placeholder stub file- the update will occurr unless you create a MID custom package inclusing the dats. However - there seems to be issues that you may have to test in your environment.

Check out these two KB articles for starters.

KB68449

KB70303

Maybe someone else has come across an accetable solution like your scenario.

Jane

• 2. Re: Can anyone tell me how to suppress the autoupdate

jebpark wrote:

We are starting to roll outthe  Agent, VSE and ASE  to all of our computers.  The setupvse automatically updates the engine and .dat files during the install.  Because we have a lot of sites with very low bandwidth this is causing an issue.  The new sp4 command line switches are not working and the sp2 that mcafee gave us freezes the computers.  Any thoughts on how to suppress the update or roll in the .dat files to the install without using the custom install package??

I'm curious why you are reluctant to use the Installation Designer. This would be the simplest way to resolve your issue.

• 3. Re: Can anyone tell me how to suppress the autoupdate

McAfee instructed us not to use it becuase it causes problems later on???  I was able to repackages the vse870.msi using Admin Studio, but it took quit a few tries and not something I would suggest.  It still goes out to McAfee the first time for the auto update but because the most recent .dat files were rolled into the .msi it is only pulling about 1MB for now anyway.