5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2010 12:15 PM by vinoo

Getsusp with split DNS

ThomasN

Hi.

Does the last version of Getsusp support talking to Artemis trough a proxy server please?

We have split DNS so it is not getting out any other way.

If it does not get acces trough DNS to Artemis, will it be running in "offline mode"

Thank you for your help.

Thomas

• 1. Re: Getsusp with split DNS
          vinoo

Do you have a GTI server now rechristened GTI Proxy setup on your network?

On a machine where VSE is configured to do Artemis lookups via the GTI Proxy, GetSusp 3.0.0.120 can transparently read the GTI server ip address value from the registry and do cloud lookups.

• 2. Re: Getsusp with split DNS
            ThomasN

Hi.

No we currently do not have a GTI Proxy on our network.

Do you know if they still only exists as virtual images or if they exist as standalone installers as well? (for use on windows servers)

Thomas

• 3. Re: Getsusp with split DNS
              vinoo

To the best of my knowledge - they only exist as a CentOS virtual machine image.

• 4. Re: Getsusp with split DNS
                ThomasN

Ok.

Thank you.

I will go bother our DNS guys a bit more bout selctive forwarding :-)

If that does not work i guess i need to go bother out Vmware guys about non windows vmware images :-)

Do you know what the limit is for the number of computers conecting to a single GTI Proxy ?

I struggled a bit with finding any info on the GTI Proxy on your product pages  and kc.mcafee.com seems to be down at the moment.

Thank you for your help.

Thomas

• 5. Re: Getsusp with split DNS
                  vinoo

The released version of the GTI Proxy will support up to 100,000 PCs.  The RTS version supports 50K.  The 1.0 release should be available by the beginning of the year.