2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2010 10:49 AM by Tristan

VSE 8.7i command prompt update

Hi,

My company is using Virus Scan Enterprise 8.7i, and after googling the heck out of my question, I'm not really turning up any help.

You know how you can right-click on the mctray icon and then click 'Update Security...'?

I'd like to be able to do that but from the command prompt and silent (no gui).

[optional] Also, it'd be nice if I could read the result, but that is not totally necessary.

It seems like McAfee is constantly changing what executables it uses. Like supposedly, you used to be able to do this via mcupdate.exe /update /silent. But mcupdate.exe does not exist on my work computer. Is there maybe a .dll I could access from code?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Greg

• 1. Re: VSE 8.7i command prompt update
          Hayton

This question has been moved from Home & Home Office Help to the Business Section (VirusScan Enterprise).

• 2. Re: VSE 8.7i command prompt update
            Tristan

This one will run the update task for VSE 8.7i

"C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\mcupdate.exe" /task {A14CD6FC-3BA8-4703-87BF-E3247CE382F5} /update /quiet 

This one will force a agent communication with the epo server
            "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\cmdagent.exe" /P

I have the in a batch file and run them remotely with psexec from sysinternals to run the task on any machine on my network. Double click the batch file, enter the computer name, ?????, profit ;-)