2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2010 10:50 AM by ConorD62

McAfee will not update

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop with Vista 32bit SP2, Dual CPU T2390 with 3GB RAM, McAfee version 13.15, build 13.15.130 DAT version 6089.0000  Engine version 5400.1158. My subscription expires 11/18/2013.

My laptop has all the latest Windows Updates, does not have any proxy settings checked in IE, and can ping download.mcafeeupdates.com  = 69.43.160.143

When trying to update, I get a message that reads An error occurred while updating. Please reinstall these programs. McAfee Security Center.

I do not have any CDs, for the McAfee, how can I reinstall this?

Thanks,

Peter

• 1. Re: McAfee will not update
          ConorD62

I'm not a moderator, but is the product you need here?

• 2. Re: McAfee will not update
            exbrit

petergibons wrote:

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop with Vista 32bit SP2, Dual CPU T2390 with 3GB RAM, McAfee version 13.15, build 13.15.130 DAT version 6089.0000  Engine version 5400.1158. My subscription expires 11/18/2013.

My laptop has all the latest Windows Updates, does not have any proxy settings checked in IE, and can ping download.mcafeeupdates.com  = 69.43.160.143

When trying to update, I get a message that reads An error occurred while updating. Please reinstall these programs. McAfee Security Center.

I do not have any CDs, for the McAfee, how can I reinstall this?

Thanks,

Peter

The installation may have become corrupted for some reason.  This can happen for many reasons, for example System Restore can cause it if the product isn't immediately updated afterwards, also registry cleaners and optimizers can often cause this beahviour, just two examples.

I suggest the following;

Uninstall McAfee in the normal manner via Control Panel

Run the MCPR removal tool linked under Useful Links at the top of this page

Reboot and then reinstall your product from the online account at http://home.mcafee.com/root/MyAccount.aspx