1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 1, 2010 3:59 AM by gvassila

Failed to uncompress user file

Dear all, first forgive my poor english.

We are running in a test environment EPO 4.5 and EEA 1.0.2 and McAfee Agent 4.5.0.1270. Since we deployed EE agent and EEPC no users can log on the machine.

Checking the log file for EE agent, there is this error message:

2010-11-26 17:1:40,305 ERROR EpoPlugin ..\..\..\Src\EpeEpoDataChannelHandler.cpp: EPEEPO_data_channel_handler::activate_update: 798: [0xEE01000E] [0xEE050014] Failed to uncompress user file

This is totaly strange for me. I can see the machine from EPO but can´t log on preboot screen (file access error) and can´t decrypt the discs. Status is Crypted and EE Active.

The policy is set to NONE on encrypt disks and I still can't decrypt. I can do a Machine Recovery and I can work with the machine, but can´t make the decryption from EPO and can´t make any user log on. There is only one user assigned to that machine.

the odd is, that if I try to log with a different user from the one assigned, I get unknown user. If I try woth the one assigned, I get File access error.

Please help me. I have a ticket opened with mcafee but still no answer from them.

thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Failed to uncompress user file
          gvassila

Try the following:

1) Boot the machine into windows (use administrator recovery, then machine recovery)

2) Once the machine has loaded windows go to ePO and select the system and remove all users.

3) Wake up agents and check to enforce policy

4) Once the policy enforcement has been completed then go back to ePO and add users again.

5) Wake up agents and check to enforce policy

6) Once the policy enforcement has been completed reboot the machine and logon to Preboot.

If the above fails then use the stand alone EETech and perform an emergency boot. Then once windows have been loaded then wake up agents and enforce policies. This will rebuild the PBFS.