1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 26, 2010 7:59 AM by Dinz

McAfee keeps disabling every few days the past 2 weeks on all 3 PCs

Artemys

I have McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2010 3PCs version

For the past 2 weeks every few days (2-3) I get the pop up from windows saying my PC isn't protected, and asks if I would like to turn McAfee on, I say yes it turns on then it immediatly turns off and I get the same message, and it loops. I try to turn it on through the McAfee Security Center also (instead of the Windows pop-up) and same issue. This happens on all 3 PCs in the house.

Here's the specs since I know they'll be asked:

PC #1:

OEM System

Gigabyte x58A-UD9 MOBO

Intel i7 Core 950

12GB Corsair Dominator Ram @ 1866 MHz

Windows 7 Home Premium (Up to date on Windows Update)

PC #2:

OEM System

EVGA 3way Classified E760 MOBO

Intel i7 Core 930

6GB Corsair Ram @ 1600 MHz

Windows 7 Home Premium (Up to date on Windows Update)

PC#3

Acer Aspire

Windows Vista (Up to date on WIndows Update)

There's been only ONE way I've been able to fix this issue and that's by uninstalling McAfee completely then reinstalling it. Upon reinstallation I do a full PC scan and nothing comes up. everything runs good for about 2-3 days and the cycle repeats itself. I've noticed on my PC (PC #1) if I leave it on without turning it off this doesn't happen. I do Folding@Home on the PC and leave it on sometimes for 2-3days straight and when I do this doesn't happen, but when I restart it. . .it does. This is really getting annoying, any insight here would be apprecoated.

• 1. Re: McAfee keeps disabling every few days the past 2 weeks on all 3 PCs
          Dinz

Hi there,

While turning on the PC,  if you happened to see these type of messages that usually happens if your security center has not received the updates that’s been released. McAfee VirusScan DATs are normally updated daily, it is important to have these installed on your computer as soon as possible; Since your computer is a day behind for the current DAT,   as a advance notice McAfee intimates the same to you through a pop up.

And to verify if your McAfee products are installed and updated correctly please run the McAfee virtual technician from here : http://mvt.mcafee.com (available also at Useful links at the top of this page) and dont forget to post your session id here.

Regards,
          Dinesh K
          McAfee Online Community Moderator