1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 24, 2010 6:30 PM by SafeBoot

can you check the machine configuration for SSO options in a script?

bselzer

I have EEM v 5.2.5 & EEPC v 5.2.5 in my environment.  Is there any way (from in a script) to check the configuration of a machine to determine how the "General Tab - Windows Logon" options seen below are currently set?

SSO Options.jpg

I contacted Technical Support and was told that the information is only in the SBFS and there is no way to query it.  Is this really the case and I have no way to determine how the client is configured except to manually look at the machine properties in the Endpoint Encryption Manager?  Is there any way to read or query the information in the SBFS area?  I can't find anything in the Scripting Tool User Guide to return this information.

As a workaround, I tried reading the registry GINA key (HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GinaDLL) to at least determine if the system is set for SSO or no-SSO since it looks like the registry key is created and populated with "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Encryption for PC\SBGINA.DLL" under windows XP if SSO is enabled.  It would not give me everything in the settings, but it is at least a yes/no flag for SSO.  However, I can't find a similar registry setting that is created/changed for the Credential Provider under Windows-7. 

Does anyone know of a way to get this information?