2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2010 9:37 AM by Stephen_Ford

Renwal warnings appear even though a/c set to automatic renewal

Why does McAfee choose to display renewal warnings when my account is set to "Automatic Renewal"? Surely the warnings are redundant with that setting?
      Another issue I told McAfee about but was not considered important enough to action was the need for a little note on the renewal page to say that I will not lose out if I renew early because the renewal will take effect from the anniversary and not the date I renew.
      Are my customer care expectations too high?
      "30 Day(s) Left
      Please be aware that Subscription 1 of your 3-User McAfee Internet Security provided via agreement with <Bank name> will expire on 23/12/2010. Until you renew this subscription or install another licensed copy, your computer may be vulnerable to Internet threats. Help "

Message was edited by: Stephen_Ford on 23/11/10 13:47:28 CST

Message was edited by: Stephen_Ford on 23/11/10 13:49:18 CST
        • 1. Re: Renwal warnings appear even though a/c set to automatic renewal
          Dinz

Hi stephen,

The major reason for McAfee displaying an alert in the account section would be that, if customer's change their credit card information by any chance, there happens a possbility of the program not being able to sync with the account information and thus unable to auto renew. Hence to avoid that McAfee would alert an user proactively on the due date of their products expiry , but  keeping in mind that  the account is set for auto-renewal the expiry date would be updated the very nexy day.

And stephen , reviewing your account status confirms that the status of your Automatic renewal process is Active by which your programs would be updated at the end of the expiry of the current subscriptions. The renewed subscription will be effect only from last date of previous subscription date and, you will get subscription for complete one year.

Regards,
          Dinesh K
          McAfee Online Community Moderator

on 11/30/10 3:46:37 PM GMT-06:00
          • 2. Re: Renwal warnings appear even though a/c set to automatic renewal

Quote: The major reason for McAfee displaying an alert in the account section would be that, if customer's change their credit card information by any chance, there happens a possbility of the program not being able to sync with the account information and thus unable to auto renew. Hence to avoid that McAfee would alert an user proactively on the due date of their products expiry

So? All you say here is if the automatic renewal payment is not made McAfee sends an email notification. My comment that the warning messge is not required when automatic renewal is active still stands.

It is all the same whether the credit card details change or not: If the payment fails I would expect an email notification at the time.

I would expect with automatic renewal active, a message like "Your subscription automatically renews on <date>"

I continue to maintain that a message with "..subscription ... will expire... your computer may be vulnerable to Internet threats..." when I use automatic renewal is unhelpful and misinforming.

Quote: ..but  keeping in mind that  the account is set for auto-renewal the expiry date would be updated the very nexy day.

I assume "...the very nexy day" means the day after expiry. I like to think this is obvious. If it where any thing else then "automatic renewal" would be a peculiar term to use to describe a service that did not update the expiry date. Was there any point in this comment? Did it clarify the issue?

Quote: And stephen , reviewing your account status confirms that the status of your Automatic renewal process is Active by which your programs would be updated at the end of the expiry of the current subscriptions.

Yes, I know this. It's the meaning of "automatic renewal". Was there any point in this comment? Did it clarify the issue?

Quote: The renewed subscription will be [in] effect only from last date of previous subscription date and, you will get subscription for complete one year.

So what is the difficulty in stating this on the renewal form? Or is there a wish in McAfee to be as unhelpful and uncommunicative as possible?

Message was edited by: Stephen_Ford on 02/12/10 09:37:25 CST