7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2010 12:08 AM by jostung

USB device encryption application cannot be launched after installed DLP agent 9.0 patch 1

Hi everyone,

I am using ePO 4.5 Patch 3 and Host DLP 9.0 Patch 1. The rule sets I am using is device control to set block or read-only on those removable devices.

I deployed DLP agent 9.0 Patch 1 to those workstations (Windows XP) and tested common used USB devices. While for the two types of Kingston DataTraveller USB thrumb drive with encryption application inside, which are Kingston DTVault Privacy and Kingston DTS series, if the logged on user does not have local administrator privilege, the encryption application cannot be launched and thus not able to make use of the encrypted drive.

While if the user has local administrator privilege, the encryption application can be launched successfully. In addition, if the DLP agent is removed, the encryption application is working even the user does not have local administrator privilege.

Does anyone has the similar problem on using third party USB encrypted device that can share? Since the problem exists right after installed DLP agent without any device control rule or content protection rule applied to the logged on user and the computer, seems it is the problem with the global agent configuration or default basic policy comes with DLP agent.

I have logged a call at McAfee and no workaround is received at the moment.

Thank you very much!

Regards

Fraddy