3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2010 9:30 PM by lbdgibson

lbdg - Artemis!9BA43FB3DC26

I have installed Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and keep getting virus  Artemis!9BA43FB3DC26 detected.  It appears to be on the Autorun.exe on the disc which is needed when playing RTC 3.

I have run update on McAfee and it still keeps showing up after the scan.  Also, I tried to copy and compress to send to Avert but the read only feature protecting the disc prevents this.  Done a comple scan on hard drive and nothing shows up.

Is there any help on this?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: lbdg - Artemis!9BA43FB3DC26
          vinoo

Thanks for reporting. The file has been whitelisted - give it ~30 mins for the Artemis detection to go away.

• 2. Re: lbdg - Artemis!9BA43FB3DC26
            Vinod R

these seems to be updated... now depending upon your geo and network latency it might take 20-30 mins for that to getthrough to your machine..

request to scan the machine or attempt to replicate the scenario post 20-30 mins as vinoo suggested.

thanks Vinoo for jumping on this one

added more info on 22/11/10 8:13:25 PM IST
            • 3. Re: lbdg - Artemis!9BA43FB3DC26

Vinrod & Vinoo....

I have scanned the machine and ran Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.  There has not been a detction message regarding the  detection of Artemis!9BA43FB3DC26.

Also, I scanned the original Autorun.exe and there has not been a detection that caused the original problem.

Thanks for resolving this.

Best regards,

lbdgibson