3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2010 8:01 PM by Aldrin

red circle with white exclamation mark

thanks newjack but i figured out how to fix it. since i do not use the online backup i just uninstalled it.

Message was edited by: melicu69 on 11/20/10 9:45:59 PM CST
        • 1. Re: red circle with white exclamation mark

Hi melicu,Is that on your Mcafee icon?If it is ,go to the top of this page.Under useful links i would run the MVT(mcafee virtual tech).I think you go to useful links at top of this page.Then click on tech support.Install and run and follow prompts.The tool will tell you if all componants are working correctly then give you an option to fix and print a log.Hope that helps you. newjack

Message was edited by: newjack on 11/20/10 1:44:05 AM EST
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: red circle with white exclamation mark

thanks newjack but that it isnt on my mcafee icon. it is on all my picture and document thumbnails on my computer. i read that if those files arent syncronized with mcafee's online backup that mcafee or mozy will place the circle with an exclamation mark on those file. however, i do not use the online backup offered by mcafee or mozy. the circles just appearred a couple days ago. now i need to know how to remove them without having to syncronize them with the online backup since none of my files are with the online backup.

edited to say that i found out how to fix the problem. since i do not use the online backup, i just uninstalled it.

Message was edited by: melicu69 on 11/20/10 9:48:17 PM CST
            • 3. Re: red circle with white exclamation mark

That's right, if you haven't achieved your files using McAfee Online Backup then it would be in such colors. But, since you have uninstalled the Online Backup program it should be fine now...