1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 19, 2010 11:55 PM by mjmurra

Question concerning scheduled DAT Update

Searched through some of the threads here, couldn't find issue like this. If asked before and resolved, please point me to the thread.

Running:

EPO 4.5.0 (Build: 937)

Agent 4.5.0.1719

AV  8.7 P4

I have approximately 500 servers scheduled to update DAT through agent task. Update begins at 8pm each night. and I have randomization set for 4 hours.   Also run missed task on 30 minute delay.  I also have AV Policy set to 'disable default AutoUpdate task schedule'.

Each night the majority of servers will update between 8pm and 12 midnight. But there are always about 7-8% of the servers that do not. Looking at the agent logs shows they communicated with epo server at about 8pm and received their time to update (due to randomization) however, their time is set about 24-28 hours ahead, Not within the 4 hour randomization window.

Example from log:

Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:26:35 PM
      Info
      Scheduler
      Added a new task Deployment to Scheduler's task list
      Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:26:36 PM
      Info
      Scheduler
      Next time(local) of task DAT and Engine Update: Friday, November 19, 2010 10:52:00 PM
      Info
      Scheduler
      The task DAT and Engine Update is modified
      Info
      Scheduler
      Scheduler: Invoking task [Deployment]...
      Info
      Agent
      Agent finished Enforcing policies

I am hoping someone has seen this before, and knows what causes it, and how to correct it.

I can supply more info if needed.

Thanks in advance........

• 1. Re: Question concerning scheduled DAT Update

I believe If the PC is switched off at 8pm, and then is switched on, it "misses" the update task, and will not run it until the next window (24 hours later).

There seems to be an issue here where your servers are checking in after 8pm, and somehow "miss" the task. Strange.

Message was edited by: mjmurra on 20/11/10 3:55:39 PM