1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 19, 2010 12:26 PM by Dinz

Mouse goes haywire when updating

I down loaded Mcafee from cox and now everytime I open explorer is starts updating, (every time). While this is going on my mouse doesn't respond correctly, files and pages hang up and everything I try to do just goes haywire. This is rediculous!! And this is supposed to be of help to me? Its almost as bad as a tempory virus. I don't want to log on and wait 10 minuites before I can do anything. It defeats the purpose of having high speed service.

• 1. Re: Mouse goes haywire when updating
          Dinz

Hey goldrush,

Security center check for updates to install them so as to avoid the high risk of malicious codes entering your computer, but if it updates all the time , then probably the old update file isnt stopped. Please follow the below steps;

1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Windows Task Manager.
          2. Click Task Manager.
          3. Click the Processes tab, then right-click mcupdui.exe and select End Process.
          4. Click Yes in the warning dialog box.
          5. Close Task Manager.
          6. Restart your computer.

The update session will restart after your computer restarts. The animated update icon will appear in the system tray while the updates install.

Along with your next post could you please let me know , how the interface of your security center looks like , does it say : AM I PROTECTED YES or  YOUR COMPUTER IS SECURE , please be specific on this, so as I could guide you to navigate through the options in security center.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator