For us to assist you better we would need some more information regarding your computer and the McAfee installed on the machine.
1. What is the operating system on the machine?
2.Browser version on the computer?
3.Do you see any alert messages or warnings on the computer ?
Request you to perform the below action and post back.
Stinger is a stand-alone utility used to detect and remove specific viruses. It is not a substitute for full anti-virus protection, but rather a tool to assist administrators and users when dealing with an infected system. Stinger utilizes next generation scan engine technology, including process scanning, digitally signed DAT files, and scan performance optimizations.
- When prompted, choose to save the file to a convenient location on your hard disk (such as your Desktop folder).
- When the download is complete, navigate to the folder that contains the downloaded Stinger file, and run it. WindowsME/XP/Vista users read this first.
- The Stinger interface will be displayed.
- If necessary, click the Add or Browse button to add additional drives/directories to scan. By default the C: drive will be scanned.
- By default, Stinger will repair all infected files found THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED
- Enable Artemis Technology in stinger click on preferences and then select the required sensitivity level. If you select "High" or "Very High" McAfee Labs recommends that you set the "On virus detection" action to "Report only" for the first scan.
- Click the Scan Now button to begin scanning the specified drives/directories.
- Once the scan is done Click the File menu and select Save report to file.
- Locate and examine the save report / attach it to the thread on which the helper was assisting you on the community.