1 of 1 people found this helpful
This is rogue anti-malware and as such regular protection software has a hard time dealing with it. There is an excellent removal guide for it and many others of similar type HERE.
Scroll down that page and read it carefully as the first links you will see are all advertising.
Thanks for responding. I got frustrated and impatient last night and followed the instructions I found at http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-xp-internet-security-2011.html. Then I ran RegCure to get the Registry back to what it needs to be. It worked great.
Ex_brit tried to say thanks for the update but something when wrong with the forum.
Thanks Tony - seems to be working now.
Alternate XP Internet Security 2011 removal procedure:
1. Click Start->Run or press WinKey+R. Type in "command" and press Enter key.
2. In the command prompt window type "notepad" and press Enter key. Notepad will come up.
3. Copy all the text in blue color below and paste to Notepad.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
4. Save file as fix.reg to your Desktop. NOTE: (Save as type: All files)
5. Double-click on fix.reg file to run it. Click "Yes" for Registry Editor prompt window. Then click OK.
6. Download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. MalwareBytes Antimalware, SUPERAntispyware, Hitman Pro, Spybot or Spyware Doctor.
I know its a while since you made this post but wondered if you could help me
I followed your instructions and xp security 2011 isnt poppin up any more but i cant use any exe files. i wondered if you know why this is and how i can resolve it
It is indeed XP thanks for replying so quickly will let you know how i get on
OK, good luck.