1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 17, 2010 6:54 AM by Peter M

My email is sending spam to all my contacts

Hello everybody:

I have a new problem with my e-mail. It is sending spam to all my contacts and it's causing me a  lot of problems. I'm using windows live mail 2011, and spam killer doesn't work with this program. My anti virus can't find any virus, and apparently my computer is clean but is still sending spam. I don't want to change my email and all my contacts are angry with me.

Is there anyone who can help me.

Thank you

• 1. Re: My email is sending spam to all my contacts
          Peter M

I moved this to Malware Discussions > Home User Assistance.  As McAfee Anti-Spam is compatible with the current Windows Live Mail I would assume it's only a matter of time before it will be compatible with next year's version.  If you need assistance with settings try Technical Support Chat which is free and linked under McAfee Support above.

Back to these emails however.   Are you absolutely sure the emails are originating on your machine as there are types of malware that can spoof the sender, meaning that it may not necessarily be your machine doing this but that of someone who has you name in their address book.

As a precaution follow the guidelines HERE and if that fails download, update and run the FREE version of THIS software.  Let it remove anything it finds and reboot immediately if asked to.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 17/11/10 6:54:28 CST AM