3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2010 4:35 AM by jeffreychirino

Unable to delpoy  ePo Agent 4.5 to Clients running Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7

Hi ,

i´ve got the  problem that i´m not able to delpoy an ePo Agent 4.5 patch 1 to Clients running Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7.

I'm able to push the agent to older OS (Win2k3 and WINXP) successfully.

I have installed EPO 4.5 Patch 3 on Windows 2003 server OS  and my clients and EPO server are in workgroup.

when I try to push the agent to the client with  Windows 2008 server and Windows 7 ,

I'm getting the message "Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error: Access is denied".

but  I'm able to open the same machine using  Run command with same User authentication give to EPO to deploy the agent

Please find the Server log

0101117125953 E #4584 NAIMSRV  Failed to authenticate to \\EPKSR400A, err=5
      20101117125953 E #4584 NAIMSRV  Push Agent Installation Program to EPKSR400A failed
      20101117125953 I #4584 MCUPLOAD Successfully disabled CA trust options.
      20101117130033 E #4584 NAIMSRV  Failed to authenticate to \\EPKSR400A, err=5
      20101117130033 E #4584 NAIMSRV  Push Agent Installation Program to EPKSR400A failed
      20101117130033 I #4584 MCUPLOAD Successfully disabled CA trust options.

Also please find the attachment

Please some one can help me ???

• 1. Re: Unable to delpoy  ePo Agent 4.5 to Clients running Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7
          jeffreychirino

UAC (User account control) is able to cause the access is denied message when copying the agent to the machine.

Could you try disabling UAC on a server and push the agent again?

• 2. Re: Unable to delpoy  ePo Agent 4.5 to Clients running Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7

Hi jeffreychirino ,

Thanks for the information.

By disabling the UAC I'm able to push the agent.

but our application recommends not to disable the UAC, is there any way where can deploy McAfee Agent with out disabling UAC ?? 

Thanks,

Pavan

• 3. Re: Unable to delpoy  ePo Agent 4.5 to Clients running Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7
              jeffreychirino

Please have a look at the link below:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709691(WS.10).aspx

This is the User Account Control Step-by-Step Guide from Microsoft Technet.

They list all the posible options on what you can do with UAC

Example:

Change the elevation prompt behavior

Use the following procedures to change the elevation prompt behavior for UAC. You can configure the behavior of the elevation prompt separately for administrators and for standard users.

noteNote
              To perform the following procedures, you must be logged on to a client computer as a local administrator.

ImportantImportant
              To complete the following procedures, you must be running Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Enterprise, or Windows Vista Business. You cannot complete the following procedures if you are running Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, or Windows Vista Home Premium because secpol.msc is not included.

To change the elevation prompt behavior for administrators

1. Click Start, click Accessories, click Run, type secpol.msc in the Open box, and then click OK.

2. From the Local Security Settings console tree, click Local Policies, and then Security Options.

3. Scroll down to and double-click User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators.

4. From the drop-down menu, select one of the following settings:

• Elevate without prompting (tasks requesting elevation will automatically run as elevated without prompting the administrator)

• Prompt for credentials (this setting requires user name and password input before an application or task will run as elevated)

• Prompt for consent (default setting for administrators)

5. Click OK.

6. Close the Local Security Settings window.