1 2 Previous Next 11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2010 1:28 AM by koosvanharmelen

managing computers in different Windows domain

koosvanharmelen

I have ePO 4.5 running on a server in a Windows 2008 Domain, domain A.

The organisation has an other Windows domain, Domain B, with his own AD Domain controller.

ePO is running on a non-AD Domain controller in Domain A.

I added the ip-range of domain B in DNS of Domain A. From the ePO-server I can ping the computers in domain B and I can access the admin shares of these computers. They all are Windows XP (SP3).

Firewall has ports opened, needed for ePO.

Both networks are permanently connected by VPN.

Now I am trying to deploy the McAfee agent to systems in DomainB, from ePO in DomainA

In the server task log I can see that deploying the agent was successfull.

Than I ran a WakeUp Agent to get the system properties. Also this task completed successfully. But the computer remains unmanaged . .

The strange thing: the duration of the Deploy Agent task was 1 minute, the wakeup agent task less than 1 minute. This seems very short to me.

I created a distributed repository on the Domain controller of Domain B and the update from ePO in Domain A is daily running successfully.

(I perferred to run an ePO in Domain B but that Domain Controller has an underscore in his name. There is no memberserver).

Can anyone help me?

1 2 Previous Next