6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2010 6:33 PM by Aldrin

Bellevoxx.tv possible virus/malware.

ConorD62

Well, I was on facebook, and I was looking at some pictures and I started watching TV, must have had my hand on the touchpad and clicked on a link.

I checked my Downloads nothing there.

I'm also going to run some scans with McAfee and Malwarebytes,

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/bellevoxx.tv

It has no rating, can somebody check this site out please?

Message was edited by: ConorD62 on 11/11/10 17:41:22 CST
        • 1. Re: Bellevoxx.tv possible virus/malware.

Hi Conor,

I don't think there is something to worry and scan the computer. Apparently, this site is still not been tested by McAfee Site Advisor team. In order to have this site tested, the owner of the website should leave a comment on the www.siteadvisor.com. I have enclosed the screenshot for more information.

Site Advisor.JPG

• 2. Re: Bellevoxx.tv possible virus/malware.
            ConorD62

Thanks for the reply, My last computer was completely destroyed by a lot of viruses, HP couldn't do nothing for me.

For the website to be scanned the website host needs to leave a comment? I don't think I would be able to get them to do that, but ah well.

• 3. Re: Bellevoxx.tv possible virus/malware.

That's correct only the owner of the website has to do that...

• 4. Re: Bellevoxx.tv possible virus/malware.
                ConorD62

Quick off topic question, when you run a quick scan, on any AV like Mcafee and Malwarebytes,

Which helps your system to be more protected, a full scan or a quick scan?

Also, when you run a full scan, does it scan EVERY file in your computer?

Thanks for your help.

• 5. Re: Bellevoxx.tv possible virus/malware.

I would always recommend you to run a full scan at least once in a week. Yes, full scan would scan all the files in your computer.

• 6. Re: Bellevoxx.tv possible virus/malware.
                    Hayton

Bellevoxx.tv : no information (as Aldrin has said) available on SiteAdvisor, no user reviews. Same goes for WOT and Norton SafeWeb - no information, no reviews.

Robtex returns a pageload of information indicating that this site is a music-fan site with links to bellevoxx.com and w2wrecords.com; neither has a rating on McAfee, WOT or Norton SafeWeb. None of these websites is listed in any blacklists. bellevoxx.tv has only been registered since August 27th, which accounts for the lack of information.

The domain name ".tv" is the Internet country code top-level domain for the island of Tuvalu. The domain is currently operated by dotTV, a VeriSign company; Verisign market this domain as "the preferred Web address for rich media content".

whois and Utrace identify all three sites as having the same IP address, which is one of GoDaddy's servers in Scottsdale, Arizona.

Is there anything else you would like to know?

In answer to your other questions, a quick scan is usually enough to indicate if your PC has a problem. If the quick scan returns evidence of malware on your system, you should run a full scan which should, I think, check every file. It certainly takes much longer.