1 of 1 people found this helpful
If this is for a PC at work, are you usng McAfee Home/Home Office or the Enterprise version?
If it is, then on the right of the page, under 'Options', select 'Move Thread'. From the list on the left, select 'All Communities'. Scroll down until you get to the Business section and select the appropriate category.
If it isn't, I have to say I've never seen this problem before in any of the threads dealing with the Home/Home Office product.
Thank you Hayton.
Hello Business User, can you please advise how I can resolve this?
For your information I am having this problem on both a Windows Vista Business Laptop, and 3 Window 7 Professional PC's.
This is in the right section. Hopefully someone from that area will answer you soon, meanwhile I believe there are other avenues of support that you can follow (Portal etc.) but as I am only familiar with home products not too sure how you reach them.
I have read your post.
I sunderstand that you are not able to install the McAfee software on your computer.
Please follow the below steps to resolve the issue that you are facing.
To resolve the issue that you are facing you need to first run the command that is given below.
Step 1: Click on Start -> Run -> cmd -> in the command prompt please type in the following command
C:\sc delete myagtsvc
After you get the confirmation, please reboot the computer.
After you have rebooted the computer you need to uninstall the McAfee software from the computers and then first run a windows update and the reinstall the McAfee software.
Please follow the steps below.
1. Open the page www.mcafeeasap.com, click on login on the top right and sign in with your login details
2. Place the pointer on the tab utilities on the top and select the 2nd option Migration and optimization.
3. Download the MVSUninstall from the Topic "Cleanup utilities" and save it on your desktop and run it from the desktop.
4. Delete all the entries from start->Run->temp and then select all the files and folder under that and delete. (Some will not delete)
5. Delete all the entries from start->Run->%temp% and then select all the files and folder under that and delete. (Some will not delete)
6. Delete all the entries from start->Run->prefetch and then select all the files and folder under that and delete. (Some will not delete)
7. Go to start->Run->regedit and the registry window will open in that click on file->export and save it to the desktop.
8. Then you will see HKEY-LOCALMACHINE ->software->delete McAfee
9. Then you will see HKEY-CURRENT USER ->software->delete McAfee
10. Reboot the computer.
Then please click on start, select control panel and then open the automatic updates under the control panel.
Under automatic updates please select install Microsoft updates for this computer.
Please run the updates manually and then try to install the McAfee software.
To install the updates for the Total Protection Service, please use the Silent installation method.
1. Open the webpage www.mcafeeasap.com and login with your security center.
2. Click on utilities on the top and select the Installation option.
3. Under method 2 “Advanced Installation Options”, click Silent Installation and download the vssetup.exe file to your hard drive, directly to your C drive and not to any subfolders on the C drive.
4. Now, open a DOS window and run the following command:
VSSETUP.EXE /CK=”company key” /P=VFB
Please enter your company key after “CK=”.
Where P is the parameter and V is the virus scan, F the firewall and B the browser protection. If you want to exclude installation of any software you need to omit that parameter from the above command.
Reboot the computer after installing the updates and run a manual update.
Hi Rengaraj Murugesan
Thank you so much for your reply.
However, I am stil receiving the same error message.
I followed your instructions in order to uninstall the application and all the temp files etc etc, but as soon as I attempted to reinstall the application it only downloaded 8Mb of files and gave me the same error as in my original first post.
What can I do?
Please let me know if you had used the "silent installation" method that I had sent you or you tried to install using the normal download method from the online security center console.
Hi, yes I ran the silent installation but it tells me that the company key is not recognised.
I have read your reply.
Please let us know the email address under which you have your McAfee software registered so we can obtain the correct Company key and give it to you for you to use it during the install of the McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection Software.
The errors I was having were related to the downloading of cab files, and the company key not being accepted.
However after a few more attempts at following the instructions above on how to complete uninstall the application and then run a silent installation, it finally worked!!
Thank you to all for your help!