Good day. Recently, my removable hard drive was encrypted with Endpoint Encryption for Removable Media (EERM) Version 03. For better understanding, I follow the guideline below to encrypt the hard drive.
1. 1. Plug in the portable hard drive, it’s prompt for initialization and encryption of the medium, click on Yes button.
2. 2. Next, the initialize Removable Media windows is displayed. Enter the volume label and retype password twice, click on Initialize button.
I’ve try to enter Recovery details but it was disabled.
3. 3. An informational message display that the device has a great deal of data on it that will take a few minutes to encrypt into the “secure area.”
Click on Yes button.
4. 4. Finally, the encryption process is completed.
Additional information (Before Encryption) :-
I. Used space on hard drive : 400 GB
II. Free space on hard drive : 50 GB
Additional information (After Encryption):-
I. Used space on hard drive : 465 GB
II. Free space on hard drive : 4 MB
I tried to search for my data on the hard drive, the following screen displayed on My Computer.
Before enter the protected medium, I able to view the hard drive as following, all data was not found. (Viewing hidden and system file option was enabled.)
After enter password and access the protected medium, all data was not found as well.
My concerns : -
1. Does EERM able to encrypt the hard drive provided the used space storage is larger than the free space storage on prior?
2. Does the 400GB data on my hard drive encrypt? If Yes, is there a way to decrypt it?
3. Does the 400GB data on my hard drive wipe? I’ve tried to use some recovery tools, it able to search some files in the hard drive, E.g. Encrypted.dsk , Encrypted.dsk.0, Encrypted.dsk.1 and etc.
I was extremely helpless and tired on this as I do not have any backup of the data
Greatly appreciate your help on this.
Thanks and Regards,
Message was edited by: chindy85 on 11/11/10 2:08:36 AM CST
Message was edited by: chindy85 on 11/11/10 2:09:52 AM CST